SPORTING PARTNERSHIPS AND INITIATIVES FROM NEWSOME
SPIN is based at Newsome High School and Sports College.
How are you spending your Primary PE and Sport funding?
The 5 Key performance Indicators are
- All pupils engage in 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- All staff to have an increased confidence, knowledge and skills of in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY GUIDELINES FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
To maintain a basic level of health, children and young people aged 5 to 18 need to do:
At least 60 minutes of physical activity every day – this should range from moderate activity, such as cycling and playground activities, to vigorous activity, such as running and tennis.
Children and young people should reduce the time they spend sitting watching TV, playing computer games and travelling by car when they could walk or cycle instead.
Moderate activity raises your heart rate and makes you sweat. One way to tell if you’re working at a moderate level is if you can still talk, but you can’t sing the words to a song!
What are the benefits of being active for at least 60 minutes per day?
Improves cardiovascular health
Maintains a healthy weight
Improves bone health
Improves self- confidence
Develops new social skills
30 minutes a day are school’s responsibility
30 minutes are the responsibility of parents or guardians.
Are you doing enough?